Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 9

So let me share a few major culture differences that I have noticed that I don´t exactly appreciate or agree with, but here they are.

1. There are no ´No Soliciting´laws here...thus, fortune telling gypsies are free to roam about.

2. No one obeys speed limits. Everyone drives really small cars, but always withing literally inches of the car next to you. It´s quite scary!

3. There are no Equal Opportunity type acts/laws. We have to pay at different museums simply because we are not from Europe.

4. Pedestrians often cross into oncoming traffic with little hesitation.

5. My dad (my real dad, not the man here) has always taught me when driving to break from far away so you don´t wear out your breaks. Well, there is no such idea here. People accelerate then slam on teh breaks, only to repeat once again.

6. The city shuts down on Sundays and every day from 2-5. Nothing is open.

I think that is all for now. Oh, we had macaroni and cheese yesterday for a meal! It was great! The cheese was like the queso dip that you get at the mexican restaurants, not cheddar, but AMAZING! Love you all! Off to lunch!

No comments: