Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 14

¡Hola!

Nothing monumental has happened since yesterday. I went shopping in town for a bit yesterday afternoon with some friends. We got some amazing ice cream!

My family officially bought their first computer yesterday and my dad here asked me to help show him how to set everything up. Sure, sounds easy enough, remember, everything is in Spanish...so it was fun to say the least. The man is supposed to come today to set up the internet connection...supposedly. We shall see if that happens. If so, I can actually have internet time to read the news and check the weather! ¡Qué bueno!

Last night, I had a chorizo bocadillo, a hot one, (chorizo sandwich, chorizo is a type of meat, similar to sausage) and it was amazing!! Sunday my mom here said we are going to the mercadillo! It´s a street market where they sell things really cheap! I´m so excited! AND...we are having paella! I hear it´s very very good!

Believe it or not, I found a ¨restaurante de barbacoa¨ en Madrid, BBQ restaurant, but I don´t know how the BBQ actually is here. I´m sure it´s very different because when I mentioned fried chicken being popular in the south in the U.S., they were like Oh, yes, it is here too...but no, their fried chicken is not breaded and is fried with herbs and olive oil. Much healthier and very good, but not the southern KFC fried chicken.

No comments: