Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 22

Thanks for the eurovision comment...Azerbijan´s song was also by far the most strange! I didn´t even know there was a country called Azerbijan! Apparently it is one of the thousands that used to belong to the Soviet Union. The voting was so political. All of the countries that used to be part of of the USSR and Russia voted for each other, Spain and Portugal voted for each other and no one voted for the U.K. I think Greece was better than Russia.

AND...I found a place to buy some small, like 2 oz small, bottles of olive oil. Apparently because it is oil you can´t ship it because it´s flammable and the big bottles are pretty heavy. I´m going to get some either today or tomorrow.

Today we just finished our last class and are leaving in a bit to go to the beer brewery. It´s only supposed to last for an hour so hopefully this afternoon I can go to the park and finish my essay or something fun like that. Tonight will be a night of packing.

Sorry there´s not much to say today. We went to the old medieval castle on the mountain overlooking Jaén yesterday. There is an absolutely beautiful view of all of the city from there! It was incredible windy too! The past two days have been pretty cool...around 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit I guess. It´s around 15 or 18C. They say that there hasn´t been weather this cool or rainy in 30 years this time of year. So I guess we brought the weird weather from Alabama with us. Well, I´m going to go meet the group to catch the bus for our short trip. I will be home Friday night!! I´m so excited!!

No comments: