Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 6

So on the weekends I have no computer access. This without internet thing is frustrating because you can´t find the weather, news, e-mail or anything. I don´t like it at all. I embrace my dependence on the internet. Anyways, enough ranting for now.

Today is our first day of class. It´s 11:15am here and we just finished our first class, Advanced Spanish Grammar. It was actually very good, we went over the difference between ser and estar, two verbs that both mean ´to be.´ I know everyone wants to hear about culture...I´ve gotten a few e-mails asking questions about it.


Yesterday we went to Cazorla, a national park here in Spain. It´s about 2 hours from Jaen, so we rode a charter bus there. It rained most of the day so we could only see between the fog, but what a most beautiful view we did see! I have 150 pictures already so there will be lots to see when I return. First we went to the small town of Cazorla and walked up a HUGE hill to an ancient castle. The stairs in the castle were as tall as my knees! What a hike! We then rode on these winding, curvy mountain roads...european driving is for the birds...for 4 more hours. Everyone was feeling quite sick by the end. Think driving little river canyon at like 50 mph in the rain while meeting other cars that don´t slow down either. I know this is just how they drive and they are used to it, but seriously guys...slow down and leave space between the cars. Anyways, we were able to see over for miles and miles, or kilometers and kilometers, over 60 million olive trees. It is quite a sight to see! So beautiful! It truly screams God´s glory! No other thing could have created anything so magnificent!

Check out these beautiful flowers over this cafe in Cazorla...there were geraniums everywhere. It was very foggy and rainy that day so that's why the pictures are so foggy.


Here we are in the town of Cazorla...


My cacao...


Once again, people are waiting on teh computer so I have to go. Maybe I´ll get to use another one some day...ugh...computer limits..no me gusta...I don´t like them.

No comments: