Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 2

So, wow. My blog from earlier feels like it was written light years ago. Now maybe I can slow down and explain some of how things are here. At 7:45am I woke up and left with my host dad around 8:30 to walk to school. He is an electrician here at the school so it´s good that I can walk with him so I don´t get lost the first few times. The school is a 10 min walk, so not very far.

My family here speaks no English so I really have to learn to ask for definitions in Spanish instead of an English equivalent word. They are very sweet. I can´t remember what I wrote earlier so sorry if I repeat some things. It´s 2:20 and I am done for the day. At 3, I will meet my host dad outside of the library here and we´ll walk home.

Apparently Thursday is the day that everyone goes out at night so I am thinking that might be what happens tonight, but I really have no clue. All I know, is that I hope I get a nap. Today, we had an intro meeting at 9:30 and went to eat breakfast at like 10:30 or 11. For breakfast at home I had a muffin and milk with cacao, which tastes like and I think is exactly hot chocolate. I don´t really like hot chocolate for breakfast. You also are supposed to break off the muffin and drown it in the or hot chocolate as I like to call it. For our 2nd breakfast we had a typical food of Jaen, bread with olive oil and tomato juice on it, ham and cheese. It is very good, as long as you don´t put too much tomato juice on it since I am not a fan of tomatos. It´s similar to the bread at Macaroni Grill. I´m confused at when l unch is because my family packed me a sandwich that they said to eat around 12 or when i get hungry, but I think lunch is at 3ish so who knows. I feel like they eat so often, but usually I prob won´t have 2 breakfasts.

I am actually ready for class and organized events to start because with all of this free time I just sit around because I can´t go explore because if I get lost, I have no phone to call anyone. I realize how dependent I am on my cell phone, and I embrace that dependency. It is a wonderful thing to have a cell phone or . It is a good thing I didn´t get the travel $1.50/min phone though because I def would sacrifice the money to talk to some people at times. Well, I´m going to go for now since there is a sign beside my computer that says for 10 minutes only please and I´ve been here for 30. But at least there are other empty ones nearby so no one is waiting. I think I shall go sit outside and read a bit.

No comments: