Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 20

It´s 10pm as I sit here in my family´s piso (flat) listening to some music coming in through the open window that sounds similar to a 1940s tv sitcom or 1940s marching band. That´s the only way I know to describe it.

I gave my presentation today on terrorism in Spain and I think it went well. After class and lunch, my friend and I went to the park and it was so much fun! Parks are fun in whatever country! Give me some grass, a fountain, a friend and a camera and I´m set!

We then met another friend and after two bus rides later and some confusion we ended up at the cathedral and went shopping. I needed another carry on bag since I am now checking my backpack too due to extra stuff I am bringing home so I bought a super cute bag for only 20 euros! Yes, I know that´s like $35 but it´s cute and it has a crochet flower pin on it!! It´s also really big so functions very well as a carry on bag. :)

I have discovered that you can pick out the Americans here by the type of shoes they wear. Everyone here wears closed toed shoes, even heels and I wear my sandals and flip flops...well, my flip flops broke, but others in my group do. My friend went to the preschool were her host family sister here works and the teacher told all of the students to look at her toes because she wears shoes that show her toes so all of the little children looked at her toes...haha!

I´m going to bed soon, if I don´t stay up and read much more. Goodnight to all! ¡Buenas noches a todos!

¡Sólo faltan 4 días!

No comments: